Recruiters Use Social Networks to Screen Candidates - Create Your Personal Brand [INFOGRAPHIC]
Personal branding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_branding) has more attention now more than ever. Whether you're looking for a job or you're an employer looking for a new hire, a personal brand can be more influential than you think. Reppler published some statistics about how companies are screening their potential employees.
As a potential employee, you may not agree with potential employers digging into your personal life because it shouldn't effect their decision on you as a professional.
Here are some interesting statistics about why candidates have been rejected for a job:
- 11% were rejected due to inappropriate photos
- 11% were rejected because of inappropriate comments
- 11% were rejected for demonstrating poor communication skills
You may be an employer looking for a new hire and would like more insight on their personality and how it fits with your company.
Here are some interesting statistics about why candidates have been hired for a job:
- 39% were hired due to a personality fit for their organization
- 36% were hired for demonstrating creativity
- 34% were hired because their profile showed that they were well-rounded